Elder Seth Barrus

Elder Seth Barrus
Jakarta Indonesia Mission May2013-2015

Friday, June 28, 2013

Birthday Brownies

Here's another note and picture from Sister Anderson in Surabaya:

Our weekly zone meeting...had brownies and sang 'Happy Birthday' to Elder Barrus.

Birthday Brownies at Zone Meeting

I have been marvelling all day at a "coincidence" I discovered. I emailed Elder Murphy's mom because I think it's unusual for he and Seth to be together in the same apartment after they were companions in the MTC. She happened to mention that her husband also went to Indonesia on his mission. I wrote back and asked her when, and it turns out that Elder Murphy's dad was in the MTC at the same time I was!

I've been reading my journal from the MTC and noticed I had mentioned the "Indonesian elders" several times--how great they were, how much fun we had with them, how jealous we were that they got to go to Indonesia, etc. So I pulled out my mission slides and found a picture of the six of them, hoping I could read their nametags. Well, I couldn't read them, but I could guess who Elder Murphy's dad was:


Elders going to Indonesia in the MTC September 1979.
Elder Murphy is second from left. Looks a lot like his son!
I also found a picture of me and my companions while we were in the MTC and sent it back and the elder Elder Murphy said that he remembered us--a threesome that had their call changed. It is SUCH a small world!

Sister Pate, me, Sister Bunker

"A coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous!"

I promise I won't post this often. In fact, I may not be able to post at all in the next month. There isn't any internet at the Hill Cumorah! Might have to go find a Starbucks or something...



No comments:

Post a Comment